The Canadian Ambient Air Quality Standards (CAAQS) for nitrogen dioxide (NO2) have been passed, as per Dec 9th Canada Gazette Notice.
- ppb = parts per billion by volume
- The CAAQS for NO2 for the year 2020 come into effect on the day following their publication in the Canada Gazette, Part I, and remain in effect until 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2024.
- The CAAQS for NO2 for the year 2025 will come into effect as of 12:00 a.m. on January 1, 2025.
- A review of the CAAQS for NO2 will be undertaken periodically.
- The national ambient air quality objectives for nitrogen dioxide (maximum desirable, maximum acceptable, maximum tolerable) that were published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on August 12, 1989, are rescinded on the day of publication of this notice in the Canada Gazette.