2,600 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done—the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We have an immediate opening for an Senior Air Quality Engineer or Scientist to join our team in our Markham, Waterloo, Mississauga, or Stoney Creek office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Predictive air dispersion modelling
- Authoring and reviewing technical air quality related reports
- Collection and interpretation of data and information (desktop and at client sites)
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Client liaison and business development
- Project management and preparation of proposals
- Providing direction, mentorship, and support to staff in areas of your expertise
- Minimum of 10 years of environmental air quality related consulting experience, preferably in Ontario.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Meteorology, Atmospheric Chemistry, or related Environmental Science.
- A Master’s or Ph.D. in engineering or relevant science would be an asset.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Ontario preferred.
- Excellent quantitative and computer skills with Microsoft Office software needed.
- Expert in air dispersion modelling of stationary and mobile emission sources using modelling programs such as AERMOD, CALPUFF, CAL3QHC, MOVES, etc.
- Experience and aptitude with programming, numerical modelling, and statistical analysis needed; proficiency with Linux or equivalent would be an asset.
- Proficient with preparation of Emission Summary and Dispersion Modelling Reports, preferably in accordance with Ontario regulatory requirements.
- Strong understanding of Provincial (Ontario) and Federal regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Experience with ambient air quality monitoring and stack testing would be an asset.
- Experience with Greenhouse Gas quantification, verification, mitigation, and reduction planning would be an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Experience with managing projects in a consulting environment.
- Proven experience in successfully dealing with regulatory agencies on behalf of clients.
- Experience in providing supervision and mentorship to junior staff.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and in a multi-disciplinary team.
- A valid driver’s license is required.