Reporting to the President, this Project Consultant role holds lead responsibility for environmental compliance and engineering projects in the field of air and noise. This is a 12-month full-time contract position in our Toronto office, with future potential.
You as a Project Consultant possess advanced understanding of Ontario Environmental Compliance Approval (ECA) applications process, Environmental Activity and Sector Registry (EASR) registrations, and National Pollutant Release Inventory (NPRI) and Toxic Reduction Act (TRA) reporting. You will manage selected projects in the fields of environmental air and noise emissions; visit Clients’ facilities; liaise with Clients and Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) staff, and develop comprehensive reports to Clients.
This dynamic position requires at least 1 year of Ontario experience in Air Quality engineering/science. A Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or Environmental Science is required. Licensure as an Ontario Professional Engineer is preferred.
- Visit clients’ sites, data gathering and communication with clients, team members and Ministry staff.
- Emissions and related engineering calculations.
- Air dispersion modelling.
- Noise and odour screening and reporting.
- Complete air and noise ECA applications, EASR registrations, and NPRI & TRA reporting.
- Liaise with MOECC on project follow-ups.
- Manage projects and project budgets, within a project team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in MOECC’s approved air dispersion models, including AERMOD and O.Reg 346.
- Skill in the MS Office 2013 software suite.
- Good knowledge of MOECC’s regulations and guidelines related to air and noise ECAs, EASRs, NPRI and TRA.
- Bachelor degree engineering, preferably chemical engineering.
- Valid full G level driver’s licence.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 416-467-9824, referring to position EEAS-23.
Altech is a multi-disciplinary consulting firm of engineers and environmental scientists. Since its founding in 1986, the firm has established a national reputation for providing clients with leading-edge technical knowledge, environmental compliance support, property risk management and energy efficiency engineering. Visit us at www.altech-group.com.