CAMBIUM | AIR QUALITY SCIENTIST / ENGINEER
STATUS: CONTRACT, FULL-TIME
Cambium is a successful consulting and engineering company built on quality people doing great work in a rewarding environment. It’s our team that makes us unique.
And…our team is growing! We are currently seeking an Air Quality Scientist/Engineer to join our team and support projects related to air quality assessments, Emission Summary and Dispersion Modelling, EASR Applications, and GHG emission and verification reporting.
- Planning and coordination of the technical activities for air emission and dispersion modelling.
- Complete site inspections; identify and collect data from emission points.
- Conduct atmospheric dispersion modelling and associated report preparation.
- Review, summarize, and interpret data to provide conclusions and mitigation recommendations.
- Preparation of Emission Summary and Dispersion Modelling Reports for ECA Applications.
- Completing EASR Applications.
- Air dispersion modelling using AERMOD, SCREEN3, and other atmospheric dispersion models.
- Coordinate and implement field work to conduct emissions data collection.
- Assist with the design of emission controls.
- Estimation of GHG emissions and/or verification of GHG reports.
- Write or review detailed technical documents including spreadsheet calculations.
- Write or contribute technically to scopes of work for projects and proposals.
- Responsible for the health and safety of all employees under the supervision of the Project Specialist.
- Field work in all seasons; travel and overtime may be required.
- Bachelor of Applied Science or Engineering in Environmental Engineering or related field of study.
- Professional Engineer accreditation or ability to acquire (i.e. P.Eng.).
- 1 to 5 years of relevant employment experience (preferably in consulting environment).
- Outstanding organisational, communication, and technical skills, and attention to detail.
- Desire to succeed in a dynamic, progressive organization.
- Works well independently as well as a part of a team.
- Familiarity with relevant federal and provincial legislation and regulations.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite is essential.
- Written and verbal communication skills are essential. Ability to communicate well with others and engage in technical conversations.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
Cambium welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you’re interested, send us some information that helps us understand how you are the right fit for this role and for our team. Kindly forward your documents, in electronic format only, to email@example.com.
Our team is different. From camping trips and movie nights, to company ball-hockey tournaments in the parking lot, our team likes to have a good time together.
Our team is hard-working. You’ll need to be flexible and able to switch priorities frequently. Sometimes the days are long. But you are always compensated for your efforts, including a minimum 3 weeks of vacation for new, full-time team members.
Our team is proud. Flexible scheduling. Donating a portion of our net income each year to local causes and events. Winning awards. You’ll find it easy to feel good about Cambium.
If you want to read about a few of the benefits of working for Cambium, check out our Careers page: http://cambium-inc.com/about/careers.