2,600 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done—the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec’s Atmospheric Sciences group is dedicated to helping our clients manage air quality and climate change issues professionally and proactively. Our professional engineers and scientists provide specialized services to a wide variety of sectors including manufacturing, industry, commercial, transportation, and government. We offer a full suite of services including design and permitting, monitoring programs, predictive modelling, Greenhouse Gas emission quantification and verification, as well as planning and policy studies.
We have an immediate opening for an Intermediate Air Quality Engineer or Scientist to join our team in our Markham, Waterloo, or Stoney Creek office.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conducting field monitoring and maintenance of equipment
- Collection of data and information (desktop and at client sites)
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Regulatory and literature review and research
- Predictive air dispersion modelling
- Authoring technical air quality related reports and documents
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Meteorology, Atmospheric Chemistry, or related Environmental Sciences
- A Master’s degree in Engineering or relevant science would be an asset
- 3-5 years of related experience necessary, or relevant post graduate degree in lieu of work experience
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or eligible for licensure in Ontario preferred
- Experience conducting ambient air quality monitoring field work and report preparation would be an asset
- Strong quantitative and computer skills with Microsoft Office software needed
- Familiarly with estimation of emission rates and air dispersion modelling of stationary and mobile emission sources using modelling programs such as AERMOD
- Experience with preparation of Emission Summary and Dispersion Modelling Reports in Ontario would be an asset
- Experience with Greenhouse Gas quantification, verification, mitigation, and reduction planning would be an asset
- General understanding of Ontario air quality regulatory requirements and guidelines
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and in a multi-disciplinary team
- Flexibility in scheduling is required for travel necessary for site work (normally travel would be within southern Ontario)
- A valid driver’s license is required