Notes: Air and Noise Practitioners' Groups operate independently of the A&WMA Ontario Section. As such, the views and opinions, as presented on this website or otherwise, may not reflect or represent those of the A&WMA Ontario Section.
Air Practitioners' Group Best Practices Documents
Last updated August 2014 ( Air Practitioners’ Working Group – Frequently Asked Questions, click here )
In an effort to promote understanding, consistency and environmental compliance, a sub-group of air practitioners and Ontario Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change (MOECC) representatives has been working to develop Best Practice Documents regarding compliance with the Air and Noise regulations and guidelines in Ontario. Reporting to the Practitioners’ Group, this committee documents what practices have resulted in a more timely or efficient response from the MOECC approvals engineers and other reviewers.
The committee, with the participation of the MOECC, has met since 2008 to identify “guidance gaps” and has provided clarification in the form of Best Practice Documents that are located on this website.
The purpose of the initiative is to support and assist practitioners by documenting accepted Best Practices so that practitioners and MOECC personnel can learn by example. It is envisioned that using the Best Practices when making applications for Section 9 Air and Noise or preparing ESDM Reports will achieve the following:
- Increase the quality and completeness of incoming applications;
- Meet the MOECC’s expectations for demonstrating compliance;
- Increase the consistency amongst applications; and
- Improve the timeliness of reviews.
The success of this initiative depends on the enthusiasm and spirit of cooperation among the committee members as well as input from the practitioners and their accepted Best Practices. We encourage all interested persons to suggest and/or prepare draft practices that can be added to the available list after review by the group. Contact Sarah Tebbutt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Environmental Compliance Approval (Air) - Best Practices
- Application Priority
- Automotive Spray Booths
- Credit Card Confidentiality for Section 9 ECA Applications
- Example Source Descriptions for Section 9 ECA Applications
- Presubmission Consultation
- Joint Facility
- Comprehensive Fees
Environmental Compliance Approval (Noise)- Best Practices
Emission Inventory - Best Practices
- Thermal Radiation from Open Flares
- Vapour Emissions from a Solvent Waste Storage Tank
- Sample Tank Filling Emissions
- Baghouse Emissions Calculations
- Ashrae Screening Application
Dispersion Modelling - Best Practices